Saturday, September 26, 2009

Library Assignment - Vikrum Sheorey



For this week's blog, like Kinza, I also chose to utilize the library by checking out one of the Flip Video cameras. I brought the camera with me as I walked to classes on Thursday and took videos that highlighted the walk-ability and community oriented aspects of campus. Tech campus is very pedestrian friendly and the authors of Suburban Nation would most certainly be proud of its use of public transportation and other alternatives to cars.

The USB camera itself was easy enough to use. Just plug it right into the USB port of your computer and the videos can be easily imported. The only issue I have with the camera is that it records videos in .AVI format. In order to edit files in Windows Movie Maker I first had to convert all the videos to .WMV. Other than this small issue, capturing video was as easy as pressing the red button.

I had a lot of fun doing this blog post and it was a great change of pace from writing the week after doing an essay!

No comments:

Post a Comment