Saturday, September 26, 2009

Marta on Saturday - Sheng Zhao



Guess what? This is my first time I record something and upload it onto YouTube. Despite how easy this sounds, it took me at least one hour just to figure out how to create a video. Trust me. It's NOT easy if you have never done this before, but I will show you how to do it at the end of the blog.

Let me tell you my experience on Saturday. I started off with a voice recorder and it could not transfer files to my computer, so I had to rush to the library and see if the library's computer would work. Apparently, I had to install a drive for the voice recorder and I did not have Administrator privileged. So, I had to check out a laptop and download the files. Next, I had to upload it to YouTube and I had trouble with file compatibility. My audio file is saved as wav and YouTube couldn't recognize it, so I changed it to mp3 and same thing happened. Apparently YouTube's compatible file formats are .WMV, AVI, FLV, etc. Therefore, I decided to use Windows Movie Maker (if it's not on your computer, you can get it here), which I have never ever used before. However, it is not hard to figure out. After some click and drag, it worked out very well.

Here is what you should do after you recorded your sound.
(0. If you checked out voice recorder from GT library, use a XP computer! Insert the CD and install a program required for file transfer. After installation, open the program and let the file to be transfered.)
















1. Open Windows Movie Maker and click on Import Media at the top left corner.
2. Select the desired image, audio, or video and click on import.
3. You will see the file appear on the main window.
4. Drag the files into the timeline on the bottom.
5. Move the images, audio, and video to desired location.
6. You may preview the movie on the right.
7. Save it as .WMV file.
8. Upload it onto your YouTube account by clicking Upload on top right corner of YouTube page.
9. Load your video/audio, and add titles and descriptions. Then click Save Changes.

Whew! Now you are done.

~Sheng Zhao

No comments:

Post a Comment